Sometimes, you set an ambitious goal for yourself. And sometimes, you see the deadline quickly approaching while you still have a bit left to do in order to make that goal. And in order to face that deadline, you’ve gotta do some other stuff first.
- check your emails constantly; read every word of every moveon.org newsletter
- reply to every single game invite on Facebook
- watch videos of your dog at daycare
- get emotionally involved in the comments section of a think piece about Kim Kardashian’s butt photos
- contemplate ordering a t-shirt that says “Beyonce is my spirit animal”
- take a buzzfeed quiz to find out your actual spirit animal and get the result “dog wearing sunglasses”
- get really into Fantasy Football even though you’re not totally sure what a tight end does
- become obsessed with crafting the perfect tweet to encapsulate all of your complicated feelings about Miley Cyrus’s artistic trajectory
- complete mental breakdown, shake it off, eat a donut
- go to your actual paying job
Thanks for describing me/us so aptly–‘Drinkers with writing problems.’
Reblogged this on Rattled.