Common Signs of Addiction
1. Tolerance: The ever growing need to engage in the addiction more and more to feel the desired effect, such as patiently slogging through all those Bran chapters to get to the good parts of the book.
2. Withdrawal: To experience withdrawal, one must have first developed a physical and/or mental dependence on Game of Thrones over a prolonged period of time. The method of administration, whether intravenous or BitTorrent, can affect the severity of the withdrawal symptoms.
3. Loss of Control: As your addiction increases, you may lose a grip on your finances, job, and personal relationships. You might also get into a heated fight with a 15-year-old on an online message board about Jon Snow’s parentage rumors, or start all of your conversations with the phrase “spoiler alert” and end them with “It is known.”
4. Bingeing: You wake up your couch in a darkened living room 10 hours later, empty DVD Blu-Ray cases scattered around you, suffering from Mountain Dew bloat, and Theon Greyjoy has seen the sun more recently than you.
5. Mood Swings: You experience extreme or rapid changes in temperament, often caused by Dany storylines. All scenes with Khal Drogo or flying dragons may cause euphoric highs, while anything involving wandering in the desert results in detached listlessness.
6. Neglecting Other Activities: You’re waaaaay behind on Mad Men.
7. Continued Use Despite Negative Consequences: You sprained both tear ducts during the Red Wedding episode.
Other signs include:
- Sidelong glances at your twin sibling
- Complete desensitization to boobs and butts
- The Bloody Flux
To prevent relapse:
- Seek help immediately
- Change and forget your HBO Go password
- And if all else fails, don’t forget that the final season of Breaking Bad starts on August 11! HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO WALTER WHITE?!?!?!?!?!?!?